We have a few quick announcements for this semester:
1. Students need black and white concert attire before they perform at the Cisco Festival on the 17th. This is either black socks, black slacks, black belt, black dress shoes, and a white collared shirt or black/white dresses. If there is a financial need, please contact me and we will help.
2. There will be a mandatory band parent meeting on April 19th at the stadium at 6:00PM. Boosters will be providing food and we will be going over everything you need to know for the coming fall marching season. We will keep it around 30 minutes.
3. Our Spring concert that was previously on the calendar for April 4th which, as it turns out, is Easter. We’re rescheduling for March 28th. 1:30PM for the concert band, 2:30PM for the Wind Symphony. I apologize for the misplanning on this one.
4. UIL has changed locations. It was previously at Tarleton University, but is now going to be at Mineral Wells high school.
5. The Banquet is scheduled for May 13th at the Lyric.
6. The school has lifted the mask mandate. This will mean that we will be moving towards normal looking rehearsals (regular band set up) and travel for the remainder of the semester.
These students are working so hard and they are sounding amazing. I can’t wait for you to see and hear their work.
If you have questions, please reach out to me. Thank you for working through this extremely unconventional school year so far. We’re all looking forward to what promises to be a regular fall.
Here is an updated calendar: