THIS EVENT HAPPENS ON 3/31/2021
Parents are welcome
Black and White Concert Attire for Students
7:30AM - Concert Band Rehearsal (Regular time)
8:00AM - Wind Symphony Rehearsal
8:40AM - Load up trailer
9:00AM - Depart for Mineral Wells HS
10:15AM - Arrive at Mineralwells HS
3801 Ram Blvd, Mineral Wells, TX 76067
11:00AM - Concert Band Warms Up (Wind Symphony to auditorium)
11:30AM - Concert Band Performs on Stage
12:00PM - Concert Band Sight Reads
1:15PM - Wind Symphony Warms up
-Concert band to auditorium
1:45PM - Wind Symphony Performance
2:15PM- Wind Symphony Sight Reads
3:00PM - Mesquite Pit Lunch / Dinner
4:30PM - Depart for Home
5:40PM - Arrive at the band hall
Date of Contest: 3/17/2021
Black and White Concert Attire
Parents are Welcome at Performances
HS CONCERT BAND:
7:30AM Meet at band hall (Normal time)
8:00AM depart for Cisco College
8:25AM Check in / Warm up
9:15AM Concert Performance
9:40AM Sight Reading
HS WIND SYMPHONY:
12:30PM - Load up at the band hall
12:50PM - Depart for Cisco
1:05PM - Arrive/Warm up
1:55PM - Performance
2:20PM - Sight Reading
(Normal start times this week, Wind Symphony is in the band hall Friday, don't forget about the William Owens Clinic on Sunday afternoon)
We have a few quick announcements for this semester:
1. Students need black and white concert attire before they perform at the Cisco Festival on the 17th. This is either black socks, black slacks, black belt, black dress shoes, and a white collared shirt or black/white dresses. If there is a financial need, please contact me and we will help.
2. There will be a mandatory band parent meeting on April 19th at the stadium at 6:00PM. Boosters will be providing food and we will be going over everything you need to know for the coming fall marching season. We will keep it around 30 minutes.
3. Our Spring concert that was previously on the calendar for April 4th which, as it turns out, is Easter. We’re rescheduling for March 28th. 1:30PM for the concert band, 2:30PM for the Wind Symphony. I apologize for the misplanning on this one.
4. UIL has changed locations. It was previously at Tarleton University, but is now going to be at Mineral Wells high school.
5. The Banquet is scheduled for May 13th at the Lyric.
6. The school has lifted the mask mandate. This will mean that we will be moving towards normal looking rehearsals (regular band set up) and travel for the remainder of the semester.
These students are working so hard and they are sounding amazing. I can’t wait for you to see and hear their work.
If you have questions, please reach out to me. Thank you for working through this extremely unconventional school year so far. We’re all looking forward to what promises to be a regular fall.
Here is an updated calendar: