AREA MARCHING CONTEST 10/22/2021 CH COLLINS STADIUM IN DENTON, TX
This is the big one folks. We only have advancing area contest once every two years. All 26 bands at this contest are 3A bands. The top ten bands will advance to finals, and the top five will advance to state marching contest.
8:00AM - Meet at band hall
8:30AM - Last rehearsal!
9:30AM - Load up equipment
10:00AM - Depart for Denton, TX
12:00PM Lunch at Buc-ee's (Students will be provided $8)
15901 N Fwy, Fort Worth, TX 76177
1:15PM - Arrive at stadium - bathrooms, change clothes, meet at trailer (with instruments) unload.
2:05PM - Warm Up
2:45PM - perform
3:00PM - Put away equipment and wait for results.
5:30PM - Prelim Results announced
6:00PM - Chick-fil-a Sandwiches at buses after announcements
If in Finals, perform again. Final Results at 10:30. ETA: 2:00AM
If Not In Finals: Load up and drive home. ETA: 10:00PM
Jacksboro Game Schedule 10/22/2021
3:00PM - Dismiss from Class
3:30PM - Depart for Jacksboro
5:30PM - Arrive at stadium, stadium burger meals and set up
6:35PM - Warm up
7:00PM - Game Begins
At halftime we will be performing with no props. After we play the team back on after halftime, we will depart as quickly as possible.
11:00PM - Arrive at band hall. We will not unload.
It's been a super eventful weekend and we're seeing this show really start to come together, The next two weeks are really important and we're going to be working really hard to bring this all to a close with as strong a performance as possible.
Booster Meeting and Concession Stand
We will have a booster meeting at the middle school conference room tomorrow (10/12) at 6:00PM.
Please sign up for a Friday concession stand spot if you have not worked yet. We NEED every family to provide a worker for one Friday game. We were understaffed last week and we were unable to open a band student line.
If we continue to be understaffed we will no longer be able to run the concession stand and we will either need to charge band fees in the hundreds of dollars, no longer provide meals and/or opt for non-competitive marching band shows in the future.
Sign ups are here:
How UIL Advancement Works
This Saturday is region marching band. If the band receives an overall 1st division rating, they will advance to area marching contest. They are very prepared for that standard and we're looking forward to this contest. It will also be a much shorter day as region UIL has no finals format.
If the band advances to area, we will receive a schedule sometime next week for October 23rd. Area contests is very competitive. We need to do a lot of work over the next two weeks to make sure that the students are as prepared as possible. Depending on the overall number of bands at area the top 3 to 6 bands out of the 20 to 30 present will advance to state marching contest. As the current system is set up, bands can only advance ever other years to state marching contest. This means this is the only opportunity for our juniors and seniors to do this and there will be no state marching contest in our classification next year. Unlike the two contests we just participated in, area contest will only include other 3A bands and we should be able to compete very well in our classification, but absolutely nothing is guaranteed.
Rehearsals these next two weeks
We will not be rehearsing tonight (10/11/2021). We've had two really busy weekends and we want the students to get a lot of rest. Monday night rehearsal will resume on 10/18
Starting this Thursday 10/14/2021 and continuing through next week we would like to start every morning rehearsal at 7:15AM. This used to be our regular rehearsal schedule but we experimented this year with starting later on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This has made productivity on those 8:00Am start days very challenging and we believe that starting earlier those three days (10/14, 10/19, and 10/21) could make a big difference these next two weeks. I know that that may be impossible for some students, but we will be flexible and work with everyone who can be there.
Schedule for Saturday
Judges comments from Don Hanna Contest
These are posted on Google Classroom
We are looking at high possibilities of rain this weekend. I wanted to send some information about how this usually works.
1. Weather forecasts are not reliable. It often rains or does not rain regardless of forecasts. Games are not generally called on forecasts, but on actual conditions at the time (can't tell you how many times we have a grim forecasts and then no actual rain!)
2. When it begins raining, woodwinds and pit percussion will case instruments always. These instruments are highly damaged by rain. Brass and drumline may continue to play depending on conditions. These instruments can be easily wiped down with minimal damage.
3. If there is lightning, the stadium will have participants take shelter. The game may be delayed or canceled depending on the expectations of the storm. If there is not lightning (even if there is rain), the game will likely continue. In general, the band stays and cheers if the game continues.
4. We will have disposable ponchos available for the students this weekend.
5. When there are changes to schedules we will send out remind messages and update the schedule on the website. Flexibility is key here, none of us can control the weather!
Two other notes:
1. Old Rip / Paluxy Schedule has been altered. Please go check the page to see changes.
2. It is the administrations intent to have the band students home by 11:00PM from the Sweetwater game. That may result in us leaving even earlier if the game is postponed. For as long as we are there we will do everything we can to support our school and our team.