We are looking at high possibilities of rain this weekend. I wanted to send some information about how this usually works.
1. Weather forecasts are not reliable. It often rains or does not rain regardless of forecasts. Games are not generally called on forecasts, but on actual conditions at the time (can't tell you how many times we have a grim forecasts and then no actual rain!)
2. When it begins raining, woodwinds and pit percussion will case instruments always. These instruments are highly damaged by rain. Brass and drumline may continue to play depending on conditions. These instruments can be easily wiped down with minimal damage.
3. If there is lightning, the stadium will have participants take shelter. The game may be delayed or canceled depending on the expectations of the storm. If there is not lightning (even if there is rain), the game will likely continue. In general, the band stays and cheers if the game continues.
4. We will have disposable ponchos available for the students this weekend.
5. When there are changes to schedules we will send out remind messages and update the schedule on the website. Flexibility is key here, none of us can control the weather!
Two other notes:
1. Old Rip / Paluxy Schedule has been altered. Please go check the page to see changes.
2. It is the administrations intent to have the band students home by 11:00PM from the Sweetwater game. That may result in us leaving even earlier if the game is postponed. For as long as we are there we will do everything we can to support our school and our team.